Saturday, February 27, 2010

First blog post evah!

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Like the title says, I'm Eric, 28 years old, originally from near Pittsburgh, PA but currently living in Waterloo, IA (at least for a few more years heh...). So what made me decide to start a blog? I'm glad you asked, I guess boredom partially and also I'm doing a little thing called an Ironman for the first time this year. I'm a recovering 300+ lb. couch potato, I lost most of that weight a few years ago now and have been doing triathlons for about that long as well. For the uninitiated, triathlons combine swimming, biking, and running into one tasty, pain-filled race. Ironmans are the longest distance of triathlon, combining a 2.4 mile swim with a 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run. Why would anyone want to do that? I honestly have no idea why I'm doing this, maybe just to celebrate my current fitness and challenge myself severely. Really it's just good to have something to do that you really enjoy. Which ever since I moved to Iowa has definitely been in short supply unfortunately. Anyway, this is just a little intro, I'll probably update this from time to time with training, racing, and life tidbits. Of course any suggestions to make this more interesting are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world, Eric! Looking forward to hearing about your training this year!

    ReplyDelete