Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some goals for the season

So I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish this season, and I think I've got some ambitious goals that will take a lot of hard work to follow through on.

1. Make it to the start line of my ironman injury-free and feeling well-trained and confident. This is always my #1 goal going into the season.

2. Finish both my sprint tris under 1:10 and place in age group in both.

3. Finish at least one of my 2 Oly races under 2:15. Both feature hilly bike courses, so my swim and run will have to be flawless to accomplish this one.

4. Finish Racine 70.3 under 5 hours. Based on my performance at Pigman HIM in the most brutal conditions I've ever raced in, this should be doable with decent weather conditions.

5. FINISH my ironman. No big time goals going into this one (except my super-secret goal I will tell no one about).

6. Run 5k under 18 min. I was only 20 sec. off last year and I was not exactly in great running shape then, so if I can drop a few pounds I should get there.

7. Have fun! Don't worry too much about results and remember that I do these to have fun.

8. Don't be too focused on training. I tend to bury myself in training at the expense of having much of a social life and I don't want to do that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment