Saturday, April 10, 2010

Interesting day today

Today was kind of interesting. A friend told me about a 5k he was doing yesterday, so I thought, what the heck, I'll do it. Haven't really done much speedwork the past few months, so I wasn't expecting much. I ended up finishing 4th in 19:17, not great, but I'll take it for my current level of fitness. I was supposed to bike 4 hrs., but I looked at the weather and it looked like it was going to rain until 5 PM or so. So I did other things until then, but it still looked ominous outside. I just said screw it and went, figuring if I get wet, I get wet. Well no more than 5 min. into the ride, the heavens open and I get soaked. I wasn't dressed warm enough, so it was pretty cold. The about 10 miles from my house, my front tire flats without me realizing it until I almost killed myself going around a turn pretty fast. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment